protect your most important asset... your clients data.
Every business needs to identify, protect, detect, respond and recover from a cyber breach, but most wouldn’t know where to start.
In Australia the ACSC recommend the Essential 8 Mitigation Strategies, and in the UK the NCSC recommend their Cyber Essentials program. In the US, CISA provides a Cyber Essential Toolkit to help businesses in need, as do most countries around the world.
Whilst the delivery mechanisms may differ, the fundamentals are widely agreed.
Certified By’s Cyber Essentials Program (CEP) provides an easy way to measure your business against these known best practices, and learn (and return to re-learn) the parameters to measure cyber posture, performance and improvement.
risk report w/score
certificate of completion
digital global library
24/7 online access
- 3 components:
– Prevent malware delivery and execution
– Limit the extent of cyber security incidents
– Recover data and systems availability
- 8 Sections (below)
- Digital Library of downloadable resources
- Risk report w/ analytics
- Certified 1-5 *
- 24/7 access
- APPLICATION CONTROL. Prevent execution of unapproved / malicious programs.
- PATCH APPLICATIONS. Prevent ‘extreme risk’ vulnerabilities within 48 hours.
- CONFIGURE MICROSOFT OFFICE MACRO SETTINGS. Block macros from the internet.
- USER APPLICATION HARDENING. Configure web browsers and features.
- RESTRICT ADMINISTRATIVE PRIVILEDGES. Assess, assign and monitor user privileges.
- PATCH OPERATING SYSTEMS. Mitigate ‘extreme risk’ vulnerabilities of computers and network devices within 48 hours.
- MULTI-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION. For all users when they perform a privileged action.
- DAILY BACKUPS. Of important data, software and configuration settings.
- A desire to understand and mitigate modern cyber risks is needed.
- Basic knowledge of computers and IT in the workplace is needed.
- Board members, business owners and managers responsible for the administration and safekeeping of sensitive information
- Individuals and businesses who wish to advance their professional development.
Start a Program
Complete a Program
Use the Digital Library